Friday, March 22, 2013

Laura Mercier Vs. Maybelline: My Face's Favorite

A while back I got the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer which I had been dying to try,especially since the hype it was getting. I was expecting majestic things from it. Beyond majestic. Stuff of unspeakable glory.
Now the question is: did it deliver?

laura mercier tinted moisturizer maybelline dream fresh bb cream review

Let so much be said, the result is surprising.
I had gotten the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream because I read reviews that said "if you want a really good tinted moisturizer, this is it". And they were right. It's an amazingly fresh moisturizer that fixes well...pretty much everything. If you want to read the full review you can read it HERE.
After such a great BB cream/tinted moisturizer I was expecting somewhat the same result from the Laura Mercier one, seen as it was specifically created to be a tinted moisturizer.
Well, I didn't get it. I get much better moisturizing from the BB cream. I have dry skin, but the Laura Mercier one claims to be good for all skin types and I of course use a serum or oil under it anyway.
It feels a bit heavy, a bit too heavy, or at least heavier than I was used to from the Maybelline BB cream. And my skin doesn't even look half as good. For the first time this winter, I had  spots on my face where my skin literally looked dry. This had never happened with the BB cream.
The "Fresh" part of the BB cream became really clear when using the Laura Mercier moisturizer. No such sensation was given in its case. 
Now,  maybe I'm just spoiled , but I'm not a fan of how it feels on my face and don't use it alone anymore. 
When I'm in need of more coverage, I just mix a bit of the moisturizer into the BB cream and we're set. Because when it comes to coverage, the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer is champ. It has really good, yet natural looking coverage and if you get the color right, it's an ideal alternative to foundation.

Who's the Winner then?

Undisputedly, Maybelline BB Cream wins this one. It's because of the fresh, super light and moisturizing feel to it. Sure, it doesn't have immense coverage, but I don't mind it at all. My face gets along with is incredibly well and even if the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer brings some good things to the table, I don't like how it feels on my face. Maybe in summer, when my skin is less dry, I will prefer it, but it's not really ideal for the winter or the winter to spring transition period.
For now, I'm going to be sticking to my fresh BB cream.

Have you tried any of these two? Do you agree or would you have a completely different result?








                                  You can also Follow on * Twitter * FacebookBloglovin *    

6 comments:

  1. I didn't try them, maybe I will give Maybelline a try later on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Of all BB creams, this is definitely the one I'd recommend

      Delete
  2. I've had samples of the Maybelline one and I found it very nice! Now I don't like BB creams as they don't offer coverage, but it's surprising to see someone choosing drugstore over high-end, but I guess in the end it's all down to which one suits your needs. Now don't Laura Mercier do different versions of this though? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. LM offers way more coverage, but I don't really need it so Maybelline fits perfectly. I'm more into it for the hydration.
      They do make a lot of variations of Laura Mercier but I'm not that sure I'd wanna spend the money again after this

      Delete
  3. Most BB creams I have seen in my local drugstore have some kind of paraben in them :( how about these 2?
    Ixx
    Limes&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. The Maybelline one doesn't. Was part of the reason I got it. LM doesn't have all ingredients on the tube so I can't say for sure

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...